CCS is currently hiring a Counseling Director
ABOUT COMMUNITY CENTER SHANGHAI:
CCS (Community Center Shanghai) is the largest expat association with over 20 years of history serving the international community working and living in Shanghai. We provide cultural sports, arts and language classes, career & family counseling, children’s programs, networking programs and charity opportunities for over 30,000 international families. Our membership consists of individual members and corporate members. Many Fortune 500 companies with operation in Shanghai are affiliated with CCS through their CSR programs.
POSITION TITLE: Counseling Director
HOURS: Full time
ACCOUNTABILITY: Executive Director
WORK LOCATION: This position will work from the CCS Pudong Center or CCS Puxi Center
The Director of Counseling is responsible for managing the CCS Counseling Department to ensure that it provides quality mental health services to the Shanghai expat community. The Counseling Director handles client intake and referral, supervises all CCS counselors, and strategically works to manage the maintenance, growth, and development of the counseling department.
- Built on and develop the vision for CCS Counseling within the main mission of CCS, which is to support, enable and connect their community members.
- Oversee and assure the quality of the counseling services and provide guidance and support to all affiliated counselors.
- Provide a clear message internally and externally about CCS services and development.
- Establish close relationships with other likeminded organizations.
- Represent CCS through key roles within the mental health support environment in Shanghai.
- Foster a culture of trust, reliability and community amongst all counselors.
Counseling Program Administration
- Review monthly report submitted to accounting each month
- Review and determine rate for subsidized counseling applications
- Manage the Counseling budget and the Counseling Fund (funds for counselor payments for sessions that are offered on a pro bono basis)
- Establish and update policies and procedures related to CCS Counseling/CCS counselors as needed
- Manage the counseling section of the CCS website
- Manage CCS Counseling WeChat content
- Coordinate with Marketing to create counseling materials (brochures, fliers, etc.)
- Oversee facilities at all the CCS Counseling locations
Counselors Recruiting and Management
- Identify, interview, secure, and onboard qualified counselors for the CCS team
- Supervise counselors from a managerial level
- Oversee EAP partnerships (referrals, confirming cases on a monthly basis, billing)
- Liase with school counselors to keep them current on the counselors we have, the support groups, workshops/seminars, etc. we are offering, etc.
- Liase with community partners such as healthcare providers, fundraising platforms, mental health associations and emergency hotlines when possible
Networking and Public Relations
- Manage media requests for interviews/content on mental health related topics
- Manage external requests for workshops/presentations/talks/etc. on mental health
- Delegate media content where possible
- Serve as the public face representing CCS Counseling
- Master’s degree or above in Counseling and with current license if from a country that issues one.
- 3-5 years post master’s degree experience in counseling.
- Previous experience as a counseling supervisor preferred.
- Experience living and counseling abroad preferred.
- Fluent in English and second language a big plus. Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people in a variety of social settings.
- Ability to work under pressure and an ability to think strategically.
- Familiarity with CCS services and mission, along with familiarity of international resident population.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Professional, clean, neat experience.
- Belief in healthy community building
- Cross-cultural sensitivity
- Crisis intervention/management skills
- Belief in subsidized counseling
- Self-starter and ability to function independently
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Highly refined ethics and integrity
- Fluent in English and good communication skills
- Ability to think and plan strategically